About avoiding Excel Exporting with Aspose Cells for .NET ..

I’m still looking at Excel components. From the same series so far:

I also wanted to try Aspose Cells for .NET but gave up before even downloading the code, because:

  • Their website was annoyingly heavyweight
    • which reminded me of hard times working with Infragistics components with feature overflow obstructing productivity. Aspose website smelled the same.
  • The dll only download was 13 MB.
    • That’s quite a lot.
    • There’s also 42 MB version, I better not use my imagination what it will install on my machine.
  • The prices START from $900 and go up to $10k+.
    • this without doubt the most expensive component compared to those I’ve seen so far. Too expensive.
  • They required me to register to download the trial version.
    • Why would they need registration for trial version ?
    • Registration form included mandatory fields for my address and telepone..
    • Sorry, I want to try your software not to give you my personal data for something I probably will not end up using. Aspose, this is a really unfriendly way to get new customers!

So I didn’t try their component. Don’t get me wrong. The compnent may be good and powerful and shine with quality and support worthy of Corporate tag, but I’m looking a simple & small & cheap.. I already have better alternatives without registration or before even looking at their API or features.

Kommentaare ei ole: